9.28.2013

KTCHN in DTLA

If it's a pop-up, it peaks my interest and lands on my "must eat here" list. I read about KTCHN's DTLA cooking school, which morphed into a pop-up brunch spot at The Gorbals and persuaded my foodie partner-in-crime to check it out with my one recent weekend.
I read about their "limited" brunch menu, which made me a tad nervous, as I was hoping to find something to salivate over. Thank gawd their menu was limited... because I wanted everything on it and had a tough time deciding what to order!

We started out with the citrus- salmon as our eyes kept going back to it. Sherry and I must be banned from going out to eat together because we both adore food and order way too much. But I love Sherry, and I love food, so we'll just have to deal.
I then decided on the Poblano Spoon Bread with caramelized onions, fried eggs, goat cheese, kale, chia seeds and sunflower seeds. The caramelized onion, goat cheese and seeds were enveloped in a warm thick blanket of polenta and topped with sauteed kale and two fried eggs. I doused hot sauce all over it and dug in. Every spoonful uncovered hidden gems of caramelized onions and melted goat cheese. Comfort food to the extreme. Complex and multiple layers of flavors.
KTCHN. Downtown, Los Angeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment