9.05.2011

Krazy for Kale

Lately I've been exploring healthier alternatives to some of the foods I love. I prefer savory over sweet and have a weakness for salt. I love chips... but they're not the healthiest thing to eat.

Enter... kale chips! Today I attempted my first batch for my Labor Day barbecue. Surprised how easy they were to make... and good! I've had them once, and thought I needed a dehydrator to make, but thanks to inspiration from a friend's Facebook post, I baked them!

I washed the kale leaves, ripped them into "potato chip" size pieces, removed the stalks, marinated with a bit of olive oil, sprinkled sea salt and laid them out over parchment paper. Baked them on 375 for about 15 minutes (or until they get crispy).

Pick a sauce to dunk them in, and while definitely not potato chips, they satisfy my salty snack craving and are pretty tasty!






No comments:

Post a Comment