1.24.2012

A Taste of France in Napa Valley

Dine at a Michelin three star restaurant on Christmas Eve in Napa? If I must... ;)

Loved the quaint, unpretentious decor of Bistro Jeanty in Yountville that was welcoming and comforting. It felt genuine and authentic. We nestled up to the bar, as we typically do, and poured over the menu.

All of the Yelp! reviews raved about the Creamy Tomato Soup with Puff Pastry. I'm not typically a tomato soup fan, but I had to try it after reading all the reviews.


Wow. Oh. Wow. Yelp! does not lie. Once you pierce the engorged puff pastry, the creamy tomato soup scent envelopes you and pulls you in. The soup was so silky and rich. I fell in love.



I had a very difficult time picking an entree as they all sounded scrumptious. The Daube de Boeuf or the Coq au Vin or the Bœuf Bourguignon?!?! I decided on Bœuf Bourguignon with roasted carrots and onions. The beef was tender and cooked to perfection.



The steak tartare was simply divine.



Bistro Jeanty. Yountville, CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment