4.20.2011

Don’t Pass Over This Granola

Passover, my favorite Jewish holiday, is upon us. A yearly tradition in my family is to make Passover Granola, a recipe my Mom received years ago from a good family friend.


We always dish out a little for people to munch on during the Seder and I get a big to go bag to take back with me to Los Angeles, which I try hard not to eat on my way back from Palm Desert. It's addicting. Last year I had to put it in the trunk :)


Ingredients:

- 2 1/2 cups of matzo farfel
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (golden raisins, dried apples, apricot or peaches)

Directions:

- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, spread out matzo farfel, almonds and walnuts.


- Bake for 15 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Remove from oven and transfer to bowl.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine margarine, honey, brown sugar and cinnamon. Simmer until cinnamon is dissolved.
- Pour over matzo farfel/nut mixture. Mix well.
- On a baking sheet, spread out coated matzo farfel/nut mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes.


- Remove from oven and place in a bowl.
- Add raisins and dried fruit mixture. Mix well.


- Transfer to baking sheet and let cool.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment