4.08.2011

Salt Cures All My Cravings

When I read about Salt’s Cure, I immediately made plans to take my Dad for dinner because it had our name written allllllllll over it. Right when I walked in and was engulfed with the smell of bacon, I knew I would LOVE Salt's Cure. I felt like I had returned home.


We sat at the bar to watch the action in the small, open kitchen. I was mesmerized watching chefs and co-owners Zack Walters and Chris Phelps grill bacon-wrapped pork loins, saute clams and thinly slice and delicately plate air-dried ham. Both were so meticulous about every clam that was plated, every drizzle that was poured and every loaf that was sliced. I blushed as I watched the artists in action. Felt as if I was observing a sacred ritual.



We looked over the daily changing menu and decided to first indulge in a charcuterie plate. While the prix fix menu looked enticing, we wanted some of the a la carte offerings, so, onward!




The colorful pickled plate was served with a giant homemade pretzel that was served piping hot straight from the oven.



When I saw “Mussels, Sausage & Beer” on the menu I didn’t need to look any further, I had to have it. Each mussel was precisely placed in the serving bowl and then doused with the fresh sausage and broth. The dish was topped off with a thick slice of grilled fresh sourdough bread. Fantastic.


The pork blade chop was ginormous and by far the best pork I’ve ever had. I didn’t know pork could taste so good. It rivaled any dry-aged filet mignon. Unbelievable. Our waitress shared that their pigs ate better than they did so I knew we were in for a treat.




This is what we call Father/Daughter bonding in my family ;)


Definitely want to check out Salt's Cure's brunch. All the photos on Yelp look incredible.

Salt's Cure. West Hollywood, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment